Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Facts


September 2nd, 2007 6:07 am
This page is simply titled "The Facts" because that's what the page in the book is titled.I'm so ingenious.
My name is Karen Marie Thorsten and I live at ********in St. Louis Mo. I was born in St. Louis at Depaul Hospital on N. Kingshighway. (My mother worked there) I'm currently 49 years old and my birthdate is**********. My mom's name was Mary Edna Fonke and dad's was Henry Clifford Thorsten. (my kids can thank me later for NOT making them a namesake.) I don't speak any foreign languages although I did take German in highschool. My astrological sign is cancer.. which by the way always disturbed me on some level. "CANCER" I am right handed and near sighted. I am overweight but feel the need to say that I wasn't always. I'm 5'6" and have blue eyes. I wear glasses. My social security number is ********. I am divorced x's 3 and not very good at marriage.And not very proud of this! We'll get into THAT later. My maiden name was Thorsten. I currently don't have a spouse...nor see one in the future. I have 3 children.Adam, 29...Sarah,26.. Toni,22. I have 3 grandchildren Julian, 4.. Lucy, 1 yr. old.. Natalie 1 year old. My occupation has always been in healthcare. My race is caucasian and I'm a non-practicing Lutheran. I consider myself a liberal and I live in the city of St. Louis. I live in a 2 story brick house. I have no allergies and my blood type is A positive. I have a deep voice (from smoking!!) Past pet names were Hamlett (the pig) Henrietta (dog) Fletcher (dog) Sebastian (dog) Bennie (ferret) Gizmo (cat) Tibby (cat) and the list goes on and on. My nickname when I was a child was "Karkar" pronounced "care care" .
SOOOOO, these are the facts about me to pass on to my family. I am officially finished with the first page of "TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN". I certainly hope that in the far future my children and grandchildren enjoy this and know this was done with much consideration and love....for them! Adam, Sarah, Toni, Julian, Lucy, Nattie. XOXO

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Karen! Found you from Corie's blog. I also took German in school! Not that that's really exciting but glad to know I wasn't the only one.

This blog for your children and grandchildren is an amazing thing. Have fun with it. You mentioned in your previous post about how honest you want to be...maybe just think about how much you'd want to know about your mother or grandmother and go from there.

Enjoy blogging, it's so much fun.