Sunday, August 26, 2007

My First Blog


I came up with this great idea about blogging for my children's children. Years down the road, when I'm long gone, I want my grandchildren to know how very much they were loved by me. I want them to know how my life was and all the trials and tribulations one goes thru. I have this book called "To Our Children's Children" with hundreds of very interesting questions about life and growing up. The problem was and is, no space to write the answers. AND...I want all my grandkids to have a copy. I certainly don't want to handwrite the same answers over for each grandchild (right now there are 3 kids..I suspect more will follow) I thought it would be a great idea to blog the answers, print them out for each grandchild, and make them a "My granny's blog book" or something to that effect.
Now, I just have to find the book !! It's here, packed away with all my other treasures. (My treasure chest will be a blog someday too. It's wonderful. Packed to the rim with memories.)
Well, let me start hunting !!

2 comments:

Corie said...

Karen,
Congrats on your first blog post!
This is a wonderful idea for your dearly loved grandchildren!
They will appreciate their grandma's words for so many years to come!!!

You should check out one of the blog on my sidebar called "Grandma's Diary". A friend of mine, Val, has her grandmother's diary and has devoted a blog to it, so all of the family can enjoy their grandmother's words..... I know it is different than what you are doing, but still kinda reminded me of your blog.....

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
Can't wait to read more from you....

Juryizstillout said...

Corie plugged your blog so I came over to wish you well in the cyberspace world! She's a kind lady, isn't she?

Looks like from what I read, you're off to a great start!